At Advanced Medical Care, our neurological staff understands the importance of giving each patient the attention and care they would offer friends and family in time of need. Our mission is to improve the level of health care in our community, and we do it by putting our patient’s needs first and making a trip to the doctor as pleasant as possible.
Neurologists specialize in treating disorders of the nervous system, including diseases of the brain, spinal cord, nerves, and muscles.
Neurological conditions and diseases our physicians treat:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Back pain
- Bell’s palsy
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Chronic pain
- Essential tremors
- Giant cell arteritis
- Guillain-Barre syndrome
- Headaches and migraines
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Movement disorders
- Myalgia / myositis
- Myasthenia gravis
- Neuropathy (and polyneuropathy)
- Parkinson’s disease
- Seizures (epilepsy)
- Tumors (of the nervous system)
Common symptoms of neurological conditions include:
- Abnormal limbs movement
- Back, neck, arm, or leg pain
- Difficulty getting up from sited position
- Disorientation or confusion
- Difficulty walking or pain while walking
- Getting lost in familiar places
- Hearing loss
- Head trauma
- Loss of consciousness
- Memory loss
- Not recognizing family members
- Numbness in hands, feet, arms, or legs
- Popping sensation in the ears
- Poor concentration
- Ringing/noise in the ears
- Syncope – fainting
- Urge to move legs while resting
- Unusual sensation
Do I Need to See a Neurologist ?
- Do you have double or blurred vision?
- Do you have episodes of dizziness or falls?
- Do you have episodes of loss of or altered consciousness?
- Do you take frequent pain killers?
- Do you have persistent headaches?
- Do you have pain persistent in your back, arms, or legs?
- Do you have unexplained numbness or weakness in your arms or legs or face?
If you said yes to any of these questions, we recommend you make an appointment to see Dr. Neystat or Dr. Dolgovina.
Treatments for neurological conditions:
We provide multimodality care including medications; counseling; different aspects of physical therapy such as vestibular rehabilitation and acupuncture; botulinum toxin for chronic neck pain, headaches, excessive sweating, and cosmetic purposes. In addition, we offer the following for treating headaches and chronic pain conditions:
- B complex infusion for fatigue and daytime sleepiness
- B complex and magnesium injections for fibromyalgia, chronic pain syndrome
- Botox for headaches, stiffness in the arms (spasticity after stroke), and excessive sweating
- For headaches, we offer magnesium infusion (natural mineral which prevents headaches) once a month, with no side effects
- Trigger point muscle injections for neck pain (steroids with lidocaine)
Diagnostic studies we perform in the office include:
- Ambulatory Electroencephalogram (EEG)
- Electromyography (EMG) and Nerve Conduction Studies
- Electronystagmography (ENG) (Vestibular Testing)
- Evoked Potential Tests (BAER/VER)
- Office-based / Routine EEG
- Transcranial Doppler and Carotid Doppler
Comprehensive Care for Common and Complex Neurological Conditions
Our entire staff is dedicated to providing personal and attentive care in a comfortable and professional environment. For the convenience of our patients, members of our staff are able to communicate in Russian, Polish, Romanian, Hebrew, and Spanish.
When you or a loved one needs uncompromising care for a neurological disorder, call our office to schedule an appointment at our Queens or Brooklyn locations at your convenience. We can be reached at 877-614-7171 or you can request an appointment online.