For a highly qualified cardiologist in Queens and Brooklyn, New York, we invite you to Advanced Medical Care. Since 1998 we have been serving these communities with our expertise in cardiology and patient-centered care.
Heart and vascular diseases are especially common among older adults and the elderly population. We provide numerous diagnostic tests in our office to promptly diagnose and treat these conditions in our patients.
Do i need to see a cardiologist?
- Do you suffer from chest pain, shortness of breath, or heart palpitations?
- Do you have leg pain or swollen ankles or legs?
- Do you ever feel lightheaded, dizzy, or nauseous without explanation?
- Do you get frequent indigestion or heartburn?
- Does heart disease run in your family?
If you said yes to any of these questions, we recommend you make an appointment to see Dr. Mikhail Kapchits at: 877-398-0444
Cardiovascular conditions and diseases we treat:
- Aortic aneurysm
- Atrial fibrillation
- Cardiac arrhythmia – irregular heartbeat
- Cardiomyopathy- weakened heart muscle
- Carotid artery disease
- Congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Heart attack – myocardial infarction (MI)
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure – hypertension (HTN)
- High cholesterol – dyslipidemia
Symptoms of heart and vascular disease include:
- Chest pain or discomfort
- Claudication (leg pain when walking)
- Dizziness or lightheadedness, nausea, and vomiting
- Fainting or near-fainting
- High or low blood pressure
- Indigestion, heartburn, or upper body discomfort
- Leg, feet, or ankle swelling
- Pain the neck, jaw, throat, upper abdomen, or back
- Shortness of breath
Diagnostic studies we perform in the office include:
- Blood tests
- Color Doppler ultrasound
- Duplex Doppler ultrasound
- Echocardiogram (“Echo”)
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Holter and event loop monitoring
- Immigration Physical
- Nuclear stress test
- Physical exam
- Pulse volume recording (PVR)
- Stress echocardiogram
As an USCIS Authorized Civil Surgeon, Dr. Kapchits performs Immigration Medical Examination in his Queens office which includes necessary blood work and vaccinations.
Enhanced External Counterpulsation (EECP/ECP) Treatment
EECP/ECP (Enhanced External Counterpulsation) is a new, Medicare-approved, noninvasive, outpatient treatment for angina and coronary artery disease. When applied over a course of time, EECP/ECP reduces angina frequency, improves a person’s exercise capacity, and may even result in reduced need for medications. EECP is not a replacement for bypass surgery or angioplasty, but it is an alternative treatment for those patients who can no longer benefit from additional surgery or angioplasty, and for whom medical therapy has already been maximized.
Nearly everyone with coronary artery disease, angina, or congestive heart failure can benefit from EECP/ECP. It is particularly well-suited for people who:
- Are not candidates for surgery due to other medical conditions
- Are diabetic
- Do not want to undergo surgery
- Have already had angioplasty, stents, or bypass surgery, but their heart disease symptoms have returned or persisted
- Have small vessels (often women)
- Rely on medications or curtail their activities to avoid angina and other heart disease symptoms
Description of Heart Tests and Diagnostic Studies:
- Blood Tests
- Color Doppler Ultrasound
- Duplex Doppler Ultrasound
- Holter Monitor and Event Loop Monitoring
- Nuclear Stress Test
- Pulse Volume Recording (PVR)
- Physical Exam
- Stress Tests (Stress Echocardiogram)
Uncompromising Care for Cardiovascular Disease
For a top-notch heart doctor you can trust in Queens and Brooklyn, New York, contact Advanced Medical Care today. You’ll receive one-on-one, personalized care from an experienced cardiologist who truly cares about you. Call 877-614-7171 for an appointment or you can request one online.