In medical terms, fainting is known as syncope. This is a state of health where the patient loses consciousness temporarily. Although, this is common is all the age group, yet old people are more prone to it.
There can be various reasons of fainting include:
- Vasovagal syncope: Caused by abnormal circulatory reflex, vasovagal syncope is the most common form of fainting.
- Situational Syncope: Being a type of vasovagal syncope, it happens in a particular situation like coughing loudly or disease in the throat.
- Postural Syncope: Postural faint is caused by a temporary drop in blood flow and blood pressure.
- Cardiac Syncope: Heart failure and cardiac obstruction lead to this type of syncope and this is the one to be wary of.
- Neurologic Syncope: Normally headaches and migraines are the reason behind this type of syncope.
At Advanced Medical Care, we first determine the cause of the syncope and depending on the problem; the patient is recommended one of the suitable solutions. Our team of doctors takes care of the patient in the most efficient way. Once the cause is determined, you will be referred to the specialist in the field where all the possible measures will be taken to eliminate the problem.